Senior PA Engineer - Huawei
We are currently providing a consultant opportunity in our Power Amplifier Team in Kista. This opening is for a senior engineer in power amplifier technologies with the focus on 5G millimeter-wave and/or 5G sub-6GHz, high-power (few watts), and high-efficiency.
The prime objective is R&D within multiple areas conducted toward 5G millimeter-wave and/or sub-6GHz, high-power, high-efficiency power amplifiers.
The areas of research comprise:
- Materials and processes for die assembly and packaging.
- Highly integrated, packaged modules based on multiple dies/multiple integration and packaging technologies.
- Development and optimization of measurements techniques.
- Development of models, based on measurements of passive and active devices.
- High-efficiency power amplifier architectures suitable for millimeter-wave frequencies and/or sub-6GHz.
- 5G millimeter-wave and/or 5G sub-6GHz power amplifier technology tracking and cooperation with academic and industrial partners.
Qualifications & experience
This position requires you to be a senior engineer in microwave/millimeter-wave components and subsystems with 5 to 10 years’ proven experience and holding a Master Degree in Electrical Engineering and preferably a PhD Degree in microwave technologies.
To be successful in this role the candidate should have strong experience in the following fields:
Power amplifiers efficiency enhancement techniques for millimeter-wave and/or sub 6GH
Materials and processes for packaged integrated circuits up to millimeter-wave frequencie.
Microwave/millimeter-wave measurement techniques
Device nonlinear modeling and characterizations
Device noise characterizations
Required skills/personal characteristics
The right candidate must be open-minded and eager to share: knowledge, ideas and experiences with colleagues and should have a proven capability to pursue creative solutions. As we are a global company the candidate must be able to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing. Good social and networking skills to support teamwork in project groups as well as ability to work independently is required. Good communication, documentation and presentation skills are a must.
- Microwave EDA tools such as AWR, Keysight ADS, 2- and 3D EM simulation, harmonic balance, envelope and discrete time domain simulations
- MATLAB programming
- English, verbal and writing
This is a full-time consultancy position based in Stockholm, Sweden.
For more information please contact Karin Persson.