Senior Thermal design expert EV, electric motor cooling - Huawei
We are currently looking for a Senior Thermal design expert to the Engineering lab at the Stockholm office, to take on the challenge to design and compare our future cooling concept.
We expect this expert to be responsible for the Thermal analysis of various electric motor concepts including requirement specification analysis.
The work will be in very close cooperation with our system design teams in Kista/Stockholm and our head office in China.
Essential Skills required: (as many as possible from the list below):
- We expect the candidate to have more than ten years of experience in thermal design. A substantial part of this should have been on electric motor cooling solutions, preferably from automotive applications.
- We expect that this has given the candidate a solid understanding of different electric motor concepts and also a thorough and deep understanding of natural convection, of fan cooling and liquid cooling solutions.
- We also expect the candidate has a vast experience of CFD programs like Flotherm, Fluent and especially of StarCCM or similar tools.
- The position will also handle cooperation projects with Universities, so experience of the academic research environment is appreciated.
- We also expect the expertise of conceptual design of equipment and comparison of various thermal solutions in both the cost and the functionality perspective.
- The candidate can, of course, communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
- We require a Master degree or PhD in physics, mechanical/electrical engineering or equivalent background.
Additional skills required:
- We expect that the candidate can work independently as well as in a team.
- The candidate should have a high focus on delivering high-quality work.
- The candidate should have a strong feeling and interest in the development and to share experiences with others in the team and have a proven capability to pursue creative solutions.
- Prior experience from international and multicultural work is preferred.
This is a full-time consultancy position at the R&D office in Stockholm.
For more information please contact Karin Persson