We are looking for a talented interior designer from the automotive industry who has strong concept design skills and is comfortable working from a macro perspective but can also work meticulously at a micro level—a person who is used to having a user-centric design approach. Furthermore, if you are passionate about product design, user experience, and problem-solving, you should be a perfect fit at Huawei Stockholm.
You will work on automotive projects (interior) as the bridge between technology and humans and transform Huawei’s cutting-edge technology into successful experiences. We want ateam player to support our projects together and a self-driven curious person who isnot afraid of carrying on your projects.
Who we are:
We are a passionate design team based in Stockholm, Sweden, a concept satellite studio that looks at the horizon and brings new perspectives to business by inspiring, challenging, and transforming them. With our Scandinavian design approach, we always put the user in focus. We believe that teams are the key to success, not individual achievements. That’s why we work together to combine the knowledge and experience that is always needed to exceed our stakeholder’s expectations. By combining product design with automotive design, we can create real value experiences.
• Conduct research activities.
• Generate dynamic and innovative design solutions that contribute to successful experiences.
• Develop 3D surface models of high complexity and sophistication.
• Contribute to design presentations.
• Participate in team design reviews and share opinions and inputs.
• Work in collaboration with our other global studios.
• High calibre Photoshop skills are required, with proficiencies in hand sketching, complex 3Dsurfacing, and 3D rendering.
• A high degree of enthusiasm and knowledge about design across the commercial spectrum; Consumer electronics, furniture, fashion, product, UI, UX, and all transport/mobility-related things.
• Capability in translating and generating brand tone, values and identity through designing products, components and experiences.
• Have a strong capacity for ideation, critical thought, information synthesis and problem-solving.
• A level of self-motivation and initiative, an eagerness to learn and work collaboratively, and a genuine ability to always take direction.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
• Education background: bachelor or higher diploma in a relevant design course.
• At least 3 to 8 years of experience within an Automotive OEM or equivalent.
Please send your application letter, resume and mini-portfolio in PDF format.
This is a full-time consultant position.
Please get in touch with Karin Persson if you have any questions.