Senior Camera Hardware Expert - Huawei
About the Group
Huawei, the leading Telecommunications and IT solution provider, recently planned to set up its new Surveillance Camera Research Team in Lund. This team will carry out pioneering research which will lead and drive the next generation industrial standards and products by joining force with top universities and industry leading partners
About the Position
We are looking for senior surveillance camera hardware design experts to join the Huawei camera research team. The team will design state-of-the-art smart surveillance camera in order to help Huawei Public Safety product line to improve its current camera product portfolio and drive the next generation business opportunity and consumer experience. The position’s responsibility includes guiding Huawei camera hardware technology research and development, working with our highly talented team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze industry/academia trends of the surveillance camera technology, define the road map of research targets, bridge the gap between research achievements and industrial products
- Take the lead in selecting key components and designing hardware solutions
- Build cooperation with European universities, research institutes and industrial partners
- Represent Huawei within the broader industry, attending and participating at international meetings and conferences
Skills & Experience – Required
Strong research background and industrial experience
- Masters or higher degree in electrical engineering, physics or computer science or significant relevant industry experience
- PhD in a relevant discipline is preferred
- 9+ years of experience in the one or more of the following areas:
- Hardware architecture of Surveillance Camera
- Camera modules, such as optics lens, sensor, motor and mechanism, assembling, ISP
- NIR, thermal infrared, Radar, millimeter wave and so on
Skills & Experience – Desired
Some of these may be required for specific roles but they are valuable for all roles:
Expert in one or multiple domains
- Be familiar with the new technology and industry chain of camera, especially in Europe
- Possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the security industry and awareness of relevant industry and academic conferences
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Possess a wide-reaching professional network within the academia
- Experience in a senior leadership position in an international company/university
- Experience in managing multi-cultural teams.
This is a full-time consultancy position at the Huawei research center in Lund, Sweden.
Business trips may be required as necessary to support strategy engagements.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Karin Persson.