As part of the Huawei research and standards team, you will be responsible for generating and evaluating innovative ideas for next-generation core network standards. You will be at the forefront of new technology creating new solutions for future mobile communication.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Research work in the area of next-generation (5G and beyond) mobile packet core networks.
- Writing technical standards contributions to 3GPP SA WG2 and meeting participation.
- Influencing the core networks product line roadmap with new feature proposals.
- Participating in technical work planning, strategy planning, and business planning.
- Identifying new trends and requirements related to the 5G industry, providing management-level recommendations, and providing proposals for new research projects.
- Establish relationships with key players in the industry.
- Promoting Huawei's vision in the industry and ensuring that the core network product line keeps a leading position.
Qualifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- PhD degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science.
- At least five years of research and standards experience in mobile network communications, particularly from 3GPP standardization work.
- Expertise in emerging Telecom Technologies, Service-Based network Architecture, Network Slice, Broad knowledge about vertical industry-related enabler technology and beyond (e.g. TSN, NPN, 5GLAN), Mobile Edge Computing, non-3GPP Access, Converged Fixed-Mobile Communication Technologies, Network Capability Exposure, Proximity Services, V2X and Unmanned Aerial System.
- Extensive knowledge of packet core networks and relevant industry organizations such as 3GPP, ETSI, GSMA
- Excellent technical judgment and understanding of the emerging technology trends and ideas in the industry.
- High skills in teamwork and interpersonal communication as well as relationship development.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English are required.
- Be able to travel as a standards delegate and attending workshops with customers.
It's a consultant position at Huawei R&D Kista, Stockholm. Remote work is possible within Europe.
For more information, don't hesitate to get in touch with Karin Persson.