Senior Market Adviser, ICT - Enterprise Ireland in Stockholm
Enterprise Ireland is the Government organisation responsible for the development and growth of Irish enterprises in world markets. Enterprise Ireland works in partnership with Irish enterprises to help them start, grow, innovate and win export sales on global markets. In this way, the organisation supports sustainable economic growth, regional development and secure employment. A key priority is the achievement of export sales growth and jobs from Irish-owned companies. For more information please visit www.enterprise-ireland.com
About the role
The Irish Government's trade and innovation agency, Enterprise Ireland, is recruiting a key person to help grow and develop exports of Irish companies from our ICT portfolio (BPO, Business & Consumer Services, Talent Management & HR Technology) to the Nordic Region. With combined value of exports region over €870m in 2019, the Nordic Region is one of the fastest growing regions for Irish exporters. In the context of Brexit and other global challenges the Nordics is an important region as Irish companies look to diversify into new markets.
The person appointed will be a core member of a dynamic Nordic team, proactively working with Irish businesses to ensure they enter the market successfully and reach their full growth potential in terms of market share. This involves understanding and advising Irish companies on their market entry and market growth plans, brokering introductions to customers and partners. The role also involves highlighting market opportunities to the Irish client company base, helping them understand shifting market dynamics and raising the awareness in businesses and media across the Nordic region of the strengths and capabilities of Ireland.
Based in Stockholm but working across the Nordic Region, the appointed person will work with a broad range of Irish clients in the ICT and related portfolios. These will be primarily Irish SMEs building their Nordic presence by targeting customers directly or via the appropriate channel for their offer.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a track-record in business development with a strong understanding of how Irish companies can scale their business in the Nordic Region especially those selling via distribution and other channels.
Enterprise Ireland is a global organisation with over 40 overseas offices working collaboratively together and with sector teams in Ireland to deliver ambitious export growth targets set out in the current strategy.
The diversity of projects and sectors covered by Enterprise Ireland is shared on our Irish Advantage website https://irishadvantage.com/nordics/
- Proactively increase Irish exports to the Nordic markets in line with targets agreed with the Director Nordics and implement a range of services and programmes to support Irish companies in the ICT sector.
- Lead the development of sales and marketing activity in key subsectors of ICT. Establish a strong understanding of the capabilities of an assigned client portfolio, building strong relationships with these and agree actions and plans to accelerate their export growth.
- Quickly establish, expand and manage a strong network of decision makers and market experts. Leverage this network and facilitate introductions to accelerate the growth of Irish companies in the Nordic Region.
- Design an approach which delivers the correct balance between individual and group work to achieve greatest growth potential for the portfolio while serving a broad base of clients.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Stockholm and Copenhagen offices, in Ireland and internationally to assist clients build robust plans to scale their businesses. Active participation and leadership in End-Market and Global Sector teams to identify emerging trends and growth opportunities aligned to client capability.
- Engage with other stakeholders including other Irish Government agencies and Departments as appropriate.
- Recent and relevant experience in sales, marketing and business development in the Nordic Region is essential.
- A business qualification or university degree would be desirable
- Fluency in English and a professional level of at least one Scandinavian language (preferably Swedish) is essential.
- A good understanding of the ICT landscape and emerging market opportunities and dynamics.
- A track record of achieving results and ability to identify new sales opportunities for Irish companies that will lead to increased employment in Ireland.
- Good consulting skills with an ability to assess and challenge business plans. This will include support around business models, channel strategy, value proposition, marketing and sales strategy, competitor analysis and market research.
- Strong networking skills, with established network of senior contacts in the Nordic Region that could be leveraged by Enterprise Ireland clients seeking to win new business.
- Experience developing business relationships with key networks across the Nordic Region of value to Enterprise Ireland and client companies, this includes established industry networks and Irish Diaspora.
- A self-starter with experience of working on their own initiative and developing projects.
- Experience of using a CRM, preferably Salesforce.com, and an understanding of business processes like Lead Management and Account Management is desirable.
- Ability to influence and shape the strategic direction both of Irish companies and of the sector development work undertaken by Enterprise Ireland.
- Ability to identify and introduce business advisors and coaches to client companies that will speed up their market entry and accelerate their penetration.
- Excellent administration, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Nordic Region and Ireland.
This full-time position is a 2 year contract with the possibility of extension afterwards. Starting date is as soon as possible.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English as soon as possible since we will review the applications on an on-going basis.
For more information about this role, please contact Marianne Nilsson, recruiter at Incluso.