5G Security Standards and Research Expert - Germany
IT & Engineering Fully Remote
We are looking for a 5G Security Standards and Research Expert to be part of the multi-cultural and dynamic team of experts at Huawei R&D in Germany.
Remote work within Germany possible.
As part of the Huawei research and standards team, you will be responsible for generating and evaluating innovative ideas for next-generation core network standards. You will be at the forefront of new technology creating new solutions for future
Role and Responsibilities:
- A security expert in the area of mobile communication systems and security certification
- Experience from major standardization bodies, e.g. 3GPP, GSMA and local security institutes
- Network security and security certification for 5G Core Network
- Responsible for external communication with operators, standards organizations and national security institutes
- Familiar with the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) and Common Criteria for Security Evaluation (CC)
- Deep knowledge about 3GPP SCAS and GSMA NESAS solutions
- Representation at 3GPP SA3 meetings, security summits and relevant 5G/NFV forums
- Track the security technology trends and directions in the industry
- Insight and identify potential opportunities and challenges in the industry regarding policy, 5G, AI etc. within the security domain.
Qualifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Master or higher degree (preferred) in Telecommunications or Computer Science.
- At least 10 years of successful experience in the wireless communication industry
- Excellent knowledge about security standards in 4G/5G, e.g. 3GPP SCAS, GSMA NESAS etc.
- Excellent knowledge about security solutions in Cloud security and NFV security
- Extensive and profound knowledge of core network and wireless communication system, particularly GPRS/UMTS/EPC PS CN architecture.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork
- Be able to travel and attend security meetings, forums and workshops with customers.
- Fluent in the German language
This is a full-time remote consultancy position in Germany.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.