5G Security Standards and Research Expert - Germany
IT & Engineering Fully Remote
We are looking for a 5G Security Standards and Research Expert to be part of the multi-cultural and dynamic team of experts at Huawei R&D in Germany.
Remote work within Germany possible.
As part of Huawei research and standards team, you will be responsible for generating and evaluating innovative ideas for next generation core network standards. You will be in the forefront of new technology creating new solutions for future
Role and Responsibilities:
- Security expert in the area of mobile communication systems and security certification
- Experience from major standardization bodies e.g. 3GPP, GSMA and local security institutes
- Network security and security certification for 5G Core Network
- Responsible for external communication with operators, standards organizations and national security institutes
- Familiar with German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) and Common Criteria for Security Evaluation (CC)
- Deep knowledge about 3GPP SCAS and GSMA NESAS solutions
- Representation at 3GPP SA3 meetings, security summits and relevant 5G/NFV forums
- Track the security technology trends and directions in the industry
- Insight and identify potential opportunities and challenges in the industry regarding policy, 5G, AI etc within the security domain.
Qualifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Master or higher degree (preferred) in Telecommunications or Computer Science.
- At least 10 years of successful experience in wireless communication industry
- Excellent knowledge about security standards in 4G/5G e.g. 3GPP SCAS, GSMA NESAS etc.
- Excellent knowledge about security solutions in Cloud security and NFV security
- Extensive and profound knowledge of core network and wireless communication system, in particular GPRS/UMTS/EPC PS CN architecture.
- Strong communication skills and team work
- Be able to travel and attend security meetings, forums and workshops with customers
- Fluent in German language
This is a full-time remote consultancy position in Germany.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.