We are looking for a senior researcher to be part of a multi-cultural team of experts researching and standardizing innovative concepts of beyond-5G Core Networks.
As part of our research team, you will be responsible for generating and evaluating innovative ideas for next generation core networks and associated technologies and solutions. Most of the team members have a PhD degree, coupled with
several years’ of industry experience.
You will be in the forefront of new technology creating new solutions for future mobile
communication. The work place is Stockholm in Sweden.
- Conducting research in the area of next generation (5G and beyond) mobile packet core network architecture.
- Patenting innovative ideas based on performed research in mobile core networks (5G and beyond).
- Writing technical standards papers for and contributing to 3GPP standardization as well as industry associations, such as 5GAA and 5G-ACIA.
- Influencing the core networks product line roadmap with new feature proposals.
- Participating in technical work planning, strategy planning, and business planning.
- Identifying new trends and requirements related to the 5G industry and providing recommendations to management level; providing proposals for new research projects.
- Setting up good relationships with key players in the industry.
- Promoting Huawei’s vision and ensuring that the core network product line keeps a leading position in the industry.
- PhD degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science
- At least 5 years of research experience in mobile network communications, preferably with experience from 3GPP standardization
- Expertise in emerging telecom technologies such as Industrial IoT, Non-Public Networks, Satellite Communication, Edge Computing, Deterministic Communication, and/or Machine Learning/AI is particularly attractive.
- Experience from past EU research projects (writing proposals, leading work packages, etc.) is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant industry organizations such as 3GPP SA2, 5G-ACIA, IIC, IEC, and 5GAA.
- Excellent technical judgment and understanding of the emerging technical trends and ideas in the industry.
- High skills in team work and interpersonal communication as well as building relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English is required.
This is a full-time consultancy position in Stockholm.
For this position, we prefer candidates living within the EU.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.