Industrial Design at Huawei:
Successful designs answer to both needs of human desirability, business viability and technical feasibility.
You will be challenged to identify meaningful insights from user observation, technology trends, changes in society and shifting business models and translate them into appealing design proposals, excellent user experiences, innovative features and sustainable products with superior perceived quality.
You have an excellent sensitivity for shape, color and finishes and can rationalize designs semiotics, though you are not a stylist, but a true innovator with users at the heart and passion for detail.
You understand about branding trough design and will contribute to the generation of an integrated product portfolio.
You can quickly elaborate ideas, by sketching, 3d modeling, quick and dirty prototyping or 3d printing, for team communication, functional verification and/or aesthetic presentation.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will develop designs from conception to manufacturing: basic knowledge of the main materials and manufacturing processes is a must. An understanding of mechanical and thermal engineering is a plus.
Passionate and objective minded, you will apply best practices in industrial design, aiming at world class award winning output.
- Guide the product development from initial research and concepts to successful products
- Communicate ideas and concepts to designers, engineers and other roles within the organization
- Be responsible for the ID function in a multidisciplinary project team
- Maintain a continued understanding of the competition, industry, standards and relevant trends
- You have a proven track record with close interaction and successful deliveries toward prestigious clients within global ICT industry.
- The deliveries have given you an experience and convenience to understand, discuss with and present to senior management in the ICT arena
- You preferably have BA / MA in industrial design and/or design engineering
- You have a minimum of +7-8 years’ experience in either in-house or consultancy environments
- During these years you have lead projects but also continuously done hands-on designs
- You prove excellent feeling for form, proportions and CMF
- You have a strong understanding of global trends, technology and fashion
- You have knowledge in manufacturing processes and materials
- You are a hands on innovator and appreciate model making and testing
- You are proficient using tools like Pro-E (WF5 / CREO), Solid Works, Rhino, Key-shot, 3DS, Adobe PS / AI.
- You are able to work and communicate effectively with engineers and other specialists
- You are self driven and know how to organize work and lead design effort according to tight schedules.
- You understand that assignments can at times require travelling abroad.
- All this above has given you national and international recognition and a network that supports this.
Please send your personal application letter, resume and mini-portfolio in PDF format.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.