INABA Foods (INABA) is a family-run Japanese company with more than 200 years of history. It has two divisions: Food for human consumption and pet food. In Japan, INABA has established itself as a leader in the pet food industry, thus also becoming a leader in sales. The company is characterized by the extensive catalogue of products that counts as well as the iconic product “Churu” that has revolutionized the industry.
Thanks to the growth that the company has had in recent years, INABA is in the process of international expansion to be able to make the pets around the world and their owners happy. You can read more about the company here: www.inabafoods.com
Area Manager for INABA Sweden
INABA is now looking to employ their first employee in Stockholm and Sweden. This role as Area Manager will initially be to conduct market research, looking for prospective distributors/retailers, working as liaison office with Japan and Germany HQ, building marketing and sales tactics etc. Initially, he/she will not conduct any commercial activities yet - probably for a couple months - but later on may be doing sales activities as well.
- The main objective of this position is to maintain and build long-term relationships with stores in Stockholm and Sweden and ensure quality consistency across each individual location.
- Coordinate marketing activities, marketing research, and brand and intellectual property management. This position is responsible for facilitating the delivery of INABA’s strategic goals through:
- Planning and implementing brand and communication strategies;
- Overseeing the implementation of all communication and brand materials;
- Supervising the team and evaluating performance;
- Delivering hands on in the area of brand and communication as needed.
PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will report to the Japan Overseas Department and assist in team activities including but not limited to:
- Retail sales reporting and analysis;
- Consumer and market research project execution and analysis;
- Review sales forecasts;
- Coordinate meetings and arrange samples.
- Participate in Expositions related to the Pet Food Industry.
- Preparation of long-term brand plans and marketing presentations.
- Development and execution of marketing plans with the Headquarters.
- Keep full and proper books of account and records, submit sales reports regularly according the timelines of the Headquarters.
- Regular evaluation of market and consumer trends.
- Increase standards of customer service.
- Provide training and development for staff.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis.
- Ensure quality consistency across the region.
- Maximize sales and profitability in the region.
- Set and meet sales targets for individual locations.
- Strong work ethic, high energy level, interpersonal skills, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills and strong commitment.
- At least 3+ years of experience in retail sales.
- Experience in pet food industry is a requirement.
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Experience in dealing with distributors.
- The ability to work independently is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Business degree is a plus.
- Capable to maintain a clean work atmosphere anytime.
- This is a full-time position.
- Fluency in Swedish and basic business English.
- Japanese ability is not mandatory but could be a plus.
- Driver's license
This is a full-time position located in Stockholm, starting as soon as possible.
Please submit your application in English, CV and cover letter, as soon as possible since we will review the applications on an on-going basis.
For more information about this role, please contact Marianne Nilsson, recruiter at Incluso.