BTS Antenna Expert
IT & Engineering - Gothenburg
Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for a BTS antenna engineer in the area of B5G (Beyond 5G) systems research. As a technical expert you are expected to participate and lead B5G antenna systems research, which is a core business area for Huawei. You will have the opportunity to utilize your skills to make a better connected world. You will also analyze requirements, define and design systems and product architecture, and verify the proposed solutions by cooperating with different teams including system design, product design and product management.
- Research on B5G antenna hardware, architectures and key enabling technologies, and analyze requirements
- Find innovative and cost-efficient antenna solutions for current and future wireless networks.
- Evaluate the performance of new ideas/architectures by simulation tools.
- Advanced MS or PhD in Antenna Engineering, Microwave Engineering, Array Signal Processing, Electronic Engineering, RF Metamaterials or equivalent background with several years of experience.
- Strong background in antenna theory, antenna system & design, wireless communications, signal processing
- Deep knowledge about multi-antenna systems
- Good understanding of antenna systems, channel models and wireless propagation
- Good understanding of radio systems and radio system components.
- Substantial experience with wireless system performance evaluation and optimization. Experience in Matlab, Python, C, C++ programming languages.
- Substantial experience in antenna EM simulation tools, such as CST, Ansys HFSS.
- Substantial experience in antenna and RF testing, both conductive testing and OTA testing. Familiar with RF test instruments such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators. Familiar with antenna measurements in anechoic chambers and reverberation chambers.
- Familiar with LTE standards and new radio-standards/technologies in 5G and 3GPP.
- Knowledgeable about Layer 1 and Layer 2 algorithms in LTE, NR or other wireless system.
- Should be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with hardware experts, antenna experts, algorithm experts and system experts.
- Should be able to travel frequently between Huawei Sweden R&D office in Stockholm (Kista) and Gothenburg, short term travel in Europe and China.
- Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Huawei R&D office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
About Huawei and Gothenburg research center
Founded in 1988, Huawei Technologies is one of the fastest growing telecommunications and network solutions providers in the world and Huawei established the first overseas R&D office in Sweden in 2000. Huawei Technologies Sweden AB is continuously growing and with 300+ R&D engineers located in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Lund. We are trailblazing the path to future 5G wireless systems with focus on standardization, research and pre-development.
This is a full-time consultancy position at the Huawei R&D office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.