Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for a RF system expert in the area of B5G (Beyond 5G) systems research. As a technical expert you are expected to participate and lead B5G systems research, which is a core business area for Huawei. You will have the opportunity to utilize your skills to make a better connected world. You will also analyze requirements, define and design systems and product architecture, and verify the proposed solutions by cooperating with different teams including system design, product design and product management.
- Research on B5G architecture and key enabling technologies, and analyze requirements
- Find innovative and cost-efficient solutions for current and future wireless networks.
- Evaluate the performance of new ideas/architectures by simulation.
- PhD in Communication Engineering, Signal Processing, Microwave Engineering, Electronic Engineering or equivalent background with several years of experience.
- Strong background in wireless communications, radio systems, RF engineering, RF antenna
- Deep knowledge about multi-antenna systems.
- Deep knowledge of radio systems and radio system components.
- Good understanding of PHY layer 1 algorithms, such as precoding, decoding and scheduling algorithms.
- Good understanding of antenna systems, channel models, wireless propagation, RF material technology (such as metamaterials)
- Experience in Matlab, Python, C, C++ programming languages.
- Knowledgeable about Layer 1 and Layer 2 algorithms in LTE, NR or other wireless system.
- Should be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with hardware experts, antenna experts, algorithm experts and system experts.
- Should be able to travel frequently between Huawei Sweden R&D office in Stockholm (Kista) and Gothenburg, short term travel in Europe and China.
- Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Huawei R&D office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
About Huawei and Gothenburg research center
Founded in 1988, Huawei Technologies is one of the fastest growing telecommunications and network solutions providers in the world and Huawei established the first overseas R&D office in Sweden in 2000.
Huawei Technologies Sweden AB is continuously growing and with 300+ R&D engineers located in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Lund. We are trailblazing the path to future 5G wireless systems with focus on standardization, research and pre-development.
This is a full-time consultancy position at our R&D office in Gothenburg, Stockholm, Sweden. Business travel is expected, both within Europe and to China.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.