Automotive Lidar Expert
IT & Engineering - Gothenburg
Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for an automotive Lidar expert. As a technical expert you are expected to participate in and technically lead our automotive Lidar research.
You will also analyze requirements, define, and design systems and product architectures, and verify the proposed solutions by cooperating with different teams including system design, product design, and product management.
- Lead our research on automotive Lidar system and architecture.
- Research on key enabling technologies and propose system and technology direction.
- Define automotive Lidar system and technology development strategies.
- Find innovative and cost-efficient solutions for current and future automotive Lidar products.
- Contribute to specification of automotive Lidar system and subsystem requirements, chip and circuit technologies, and digital signal processing definition.
- Evaluate and review the performance of new ideas/architectures.
- Support the design of new system concepts and signal processing algorithms.
- MSc or PhD in Photonics, Physics, Electronic Engineering or equivalent background with +5 years of experience.
- More than five years of experience in Lidar systems, architecture analysis and design with solid knowledge of all related technologies, functions, standards, and requirements.
- More than three years of experience in automotive Lidar expert role.
- Deep knowledge and more than five years of experience in several of the following (all related to Lidar application): Detector technologies (APD, SPAD, SiPM), Scanning (MEM, optical beamforming), lasers (VCSEL, EEL), TIA, Optics, Packaging, Time gating, ambient light suppression, Lidar signal processing and tracking.
- Deep knowledge of photonics, Lidar system, and subsystems
- Mentor the project junior and mid-level engineers, and review their work for quality
- Should be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Should be able to travel between Huawei Sweden R&D office in Stockholm (Kista) and Gothenburg, short term travel in Europe and China.
- Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
This is a full-time consultancy position at the Huawei R&D office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.