Senior Expert - 5G RAN1 Standardization
IT & Engineering - Lund
About the position
Huawei is looking for experienced standardization professionals with a proven track record of 3GPP RAN1 standardization in the LTE or NR domains.
You will be part of a team addressing e5G and 6G standardization, responsible for creating and driving Intellectual Property Rights and standardization proposals based on the company’s agreed strategy. The team is also communicating standardization activities and trends to other R&D teams and helps coordinate relevant research and development activities.
Qualifications & experience
- To be successful in this role the candidate must have a strong background in wireless communications, and a good understanding of PHY as well as MAC layers, especially from the device/modem side.
- Prior experience of 3GPP RAN1 related work is mandatory.
- The candidate should be familiar with LTE and its evolutions, and 5G new radio air interface.
- Experience in LTE or 5G system design or algorithm research and development for UE modem SoC is a plus.
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, wireless communications or similar education is required.
- An impressive list of patents, standardization contributions and/or academic papers is a significant plus.
Required skills/personal characteristics
- The candidate must be able to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good social and networking skills to support teamwork in project groups as well as the ability to work.
This is a full-time consultancy position at the Huawei R&D office in Lund.
For more info, please contact Karin Persson.