Senior researcher to drive 5G and beyond
Huawei Sweden is looking for a senior researcher to drive 5G and beyond
Huawei Technologies Sweden AB is looking for a senior researcher to be part of a multi-cultural and dynamic team of experts researching and standardizing innovative concepts of 5G Core Networks.
As part of our research team, you will be responsible for generating and evaluating innovative ideas for next generation core networks and associated technologies and solutions. Most of the team members have a Ph.D. degree, coupled with several years’ of industry experience. You will be in the forefront of new technology creating new solutions for future mobile communication. The work place is Stockholm in Sweden.
- Researching in the area of next generation (5G and beyond) mobile packet core network architecture.
- Writing technical standards papers for and contributing to 3GPP standardization as well as industry associations, such as 5GAA and 5G-ACIA.
- Influencing the core networks product line roadmap with new feature proposals.
- Identifying new trends and requirements related to the 5G industry and providing recommendations to management level; providing proposals for new research projects.
- Setting up good relationships with key players in the industry.
- Promoting Huawei’s vision in the industry and ensuring that core network product line keeps a leading position in the industry.
- Ph.D. degree (preferred) in Telecommunications or Computer Science.
- Expertise in emerging telecom technologies such as Cellular V2X, Data Analytics, Deterministic Communication, Network Slicing, MEC, Non-Public Networks, and/or Machine Learning/AI is particularly attractive.
- Extensive knowledge of packet core networks and relevant industry organizations such as 3GPP SA2, 5GAA, 5G- ACIA, etc. is a plus.
- Excellent technical judgment and understanding of the emerging technical trends and ideas in the industry.
- High skills in team work and interpersonal communication as well as relationship developing.
- Patenting innovative areas based on performed research.
- Participating in technical work planning, strategy planning, and business planning.
- At least 5 years of research experience in mobile network communications, preferably with experience from 3GPP standardization.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English is required.
This is a full-time consultancy position at the Huawei R&D office in Stockholm.
for more information please contact Karin Persson