Optical System Engineer - Huawei
Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for an Optical system engineer in the area of Free Space Optics (FSO) and Visible Light Communication (VLC) research. As a technical expert you are expected to participate and lead FSO/VLC systems research, which is a core business area for Huawei. You will have the opportunity to utilize your skills to make a better connected world. You will also analyze requirements, define and design systems and product architectures, and verify the proposed solutions by cooperating with different teams including system design, product design and product management.
- Research on VLC systems for 5G/6G networks and key enabling technologies
- Use case and requirement analysis
- Find innovative and cost-efficient solutions for current and future wireless networks
- Evaluate the performance of new ideas/architectures by simulation
- Communication and Initiation of University Collaborations
- Prototyping of optical links
- Advanced MS or PhD in Communication Engineering, Optical/Laser Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, System Design or equivalent background with several years of experience.
- Experience with Product Development
- Good understanding of optical and laser systems and visible light communications.
- Understanding of Optical Communication Standards, Free Space Optical Channels, Laser Devices, Optics Design, Optical MIMO, Orbital Angular Momentum and Optical OFDM an advantage.
- Able to program in Scientific Programming Languages (Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Should be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with hardware experts, antenna experts, algorithm experts and system experts.
- Should be able to travel frequently between Huawei Sweden R&D office in Stockholm (Kista) and Gothenburg, short term travel in Europe and China.
- Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
This is a full-time consultancy position at the Huawei R&D office in Gothenburg.
For more information please contact Karin Persson.