Senior Thermal Design Specialist - Huawei
We are currently looking for a Senior Thermal design specialist to the Engineering competence centre at the Huawei Stockholm office, to take on the challenge to design and compare our future cooling concepts.
We expect this engineer to be responsible for the Thermal analysis of various telecom equipment including requirement specification analysis.
The work will be done in very close cooperation with our system design teams in Kista/Stockholm and our head office in China.
Essential Skills required: (as many as possible from the list below):
- We expect the candidate to have roughly ten years experiences on thermal design of telecom equipment or similar industrial challenge and that this has given the candidate a thorough and deep understanding of cooling of electronics and extensive expertise of CFD programs like Flotherm, Fluent and especially StarCCM.
- The position will also handle cooperation projects with Universities, so experience of the academic research environment is appreciated.
- We also expect the expertise of conceptual design of equipment and comparison of various thermal solutions in both the cost and the functionality perspective.
- For this position, we prefer experiences of the ‘platform, concept & product portfolio’ discussions that take place during the initial phases of a product lifecycle.
- The candidate can, of course, communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
- We require a Masters degree or PhD in physics, mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent background.
Additional skills required:
- We expect that the candidate can work independently as well as in a team.
- The candidate should have a high focus on delivering high-quality work.
- The candidate should have a strong feeling and interest in the development and to share experiences with others in the team and have a proven capability to pursue creative solutions.
- Prior experience from international and multicultural work is preferred.
This is a full-time consultancy position at the R&D office in Stockholm.
For more information please contact Karin Persson