Huawei’s Stockholm Digital Power Lab (Stockholm Research Center) is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning. Now they are looking for a Photovoltaic Inverter Design Engineer with solid knowledge of “Power Electronics Technology, simulation and design, and Digital control”. In this position, you will be responsible for designing converters in the field of power electronics with a particular focus on DC-DC, AC-DC, and DC-AC converters for applications such as rectifiers, Servers, EV, chargers and Modules, etc. The work includes analysis and experimental work in our lab environment.
• PhD in Power Electronics/Electrical and Electronic Engineering (or similar) field within two years of PhD graduation.
• Deep knowledge of inverter topologies, modulation and vector control, and magnetic simulation tools.
• Good theoretical understanding of essential power electronic converters’ principles and WBG semiconductor devices.
• Highly motivated and interested in innovative solutions and technologies, along with a willingness to lead technical R&D activities
• High-level self-reliance, autonomous and target-oriented work style with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn technical knowledge and take up new responsibilities.
• Professional-level working proficiency in English and prior international and multicultural work experience is highly preferred.
• Work with internal customers to identify and define system requirements and needs to establish vital technical competencies for Huawei’s future products and solutions.
• Lead and execute the R&D project for novel power converter system architecture and topology focusing on Low and medium-power products such as Rectifier, Server, EVs, Charger and PV.
• Lead the design and subsequent test and verification of power converter systems in the R&D laboratories.
• Work with external R&D institutes and Universities on collaboration projects for developing novel high-power converters and associated control algorithms for relevant applications of Huawei Digital Power Product Line.
• Documentation of R&D activities and results.
• Participate in international conferences/exhibitions of the power electronics community representing Huawei for external communications.
• Occasionally travelling to Huawei China for internal communications and cooperation
This is a full-time consulting position.
If you have any questions, please contact Karin Persson.