Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for a Photonics Engineer in Free Space Optics, LiFi, and/or Optical Wireless Communication. As a technical expert, you are expected to participate in and lead photonics research, a core business area for Huawei. You will be able to utilize your skills to make a better-connected world. You will also analyze requirements, define and design systems and product architectures, and verify the proposed solutions by cooperating with different teams, including system design, product design and product management.
- Research on Optical Wireless Communication systems for B5G/6G networks and critical enabling technologies
- Architecture analysis of next-generation FSO systems
- The optical design of FSO Telescopes and optical systems.
- Optical MIMO and OFDM Waveform Algorithms
- Use case and requirement analysis
- Find innovative and cost-efficient solutions for future wireless networks
- Evaluate the performance of new ideas/architectures by simulation
- Communication and Initiation of University Collaborations
- Prototyping, breadboarding, and test of optical systems
- PhD in Communication Engineering, Optical/Laser Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, System Design or equivalent background with several years of experience.
- Good understanding of photonics, optics, and laser systems.
- Understanding radio standards and techniques is a plus
- Able to program in Scientific Programming Languages (Python, etc.)
- Should be able to travel between Huawei Sweden R&D offices in Stockholm (Kista) and Gothenburg, short-term travel in Europe and China may also be required.
- Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time consultancy position.
Please contact Karin Persson if you have any questions.