Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for a BTS System Simulation and Channel Modeling Expert in 5G systems research. As a technical expert, you are expected to participate in and lead 5G systems research, a core business area for Huawei. You will have the opportunity to utilise your skills to make a better-connected world. You will also analyse requirements, define and design systems and product architecture, and verify the proposed solutions by cooperating with different teams, including system design, product design and product management.
- Research on 5G BTS System Simulation and Channel Modeling
- Find innovative and cost-efficient solutions for current and future wireless networks.
- Evaluate the performance of new ideas/architectures by simulation.
- PhD or advanced MS in Communication Engineering, Signal Processing, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent background with several years of experience.
- Strong background in digital communication theory, channel modeling, wireless communications, and signal processing.
- Deep knowledge of multi-antenna systems.
- Good understanding of antenna systems, channel models and wireless propagation.
- Good understanding of radio systems and radio system components.
- Substantial experience with wireless system performance evaluation and optimisation. Proficient experience skills in MATLAB, Python and C++ programming.
- Good knowledge of 5G NR standards and technologies related to 5G systems.
- Knowledgeable about Layer 1 and Layer 2 algorithms in NR or other wireless systems.
- Should be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with hardware experts, antenna experts, algorithm experts, channel modeling experts and system experts.
- Should be able to travel frequently between Huawei Sweden R&D office in Stockholm (Kista) and Gothenburg, short term travel in Europe and China.
- Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time consultant position.
If you have any questions, please contact Karin Persson.