Huawei Technologies Sweden is looking for a Principal Researcher to be part of a multi-cultural team of experts researching and standardizing innovative solutions for the next-generation Core network to support Industrial IoT.
The Cloud Core Networks (CCN) team is responsible for research and standardization activities towards concepts and solutions for future mobile core network technologies. The team focuses on vertical industries, actively contributes to industry associations such as 5G-ACIA and 5GAA, transfers technologies to organizations and standardization bodies like 3GPP, ETSI, and GSMA participates in EU-funded research projects and explores research collaboration opportunities with European universities and research institutes.
As part of our team, you will be at the absolute forefront of creating new technologies and solutions for future mobile communications. In addition, you will be responsible for generating innovative ideas and solutions for next-generation core networks and associated technologies. Most of the team members have a PhD degree, coupled with several years of working experience in this area.
- Conducting research and standardization in the area of next-generation mobile core network architecture.
- Contributing to Horizon Europe research projects and research collaboration projects with European universities and research institutes.
- Proposing and building research collaboration projects with top European universities and research institutes.
- Patenting innovative ideas based on research related to the mobile core network and related technologies.
- Influencing the core networks product line roadmap with new innovative product features.
- Participating in technical work planning, strategy planning, and business planning.
- Identifying new technical trends and requirements and providing recommendations to the management level.
- Setting up good relationships with key players in the industry.
- Promoting Huawei's vision and ensuring that the core network product line keeps a leading position in the industry.
- PhD degree in telecommunications or data communication.
- At least three years of research experience (after a completed PhD degree) in a relevant area.
- Extensive experience in European research projects (writing proposals, leading work packages, etc., e.g. Horizon 2020 and/or Horizon Europe).
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas: OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA), Asset Administration Shell (AAS), 5G Core Networks, Time Sensitive Networking (TSN), Non-Public Networks (NPN).
- Excellent skills in teamwork, collaborations, interpersonal communication, and building relationships.
- Excellent technical judgment and understanding of the industry's emerging technology trends and ideas.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English.
- Extensive experience (as a delegate or back-office) from industry organizations such as 5G-ACIA, 3GPP SA2, and/or relevant groups of IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) is highly attractive.
- International travelling may be needed.
It is a consultancy position at the Huawei R&D office in Stockholm, Sweden.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Karin Persson