We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with Machine Learning interest.
At our clients Technology Promotion Department (TPRD), our client works with different business units to help them grow their business at scale through APIs and/or hardware development kits. Their mission also includes to envision and synthesize future technologies and to help the company bring them to life. This requires people with strong technical capabilities and a sense of self-driven technical leadership.
Our client is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with strong interest in Machine Learning (ML) having the ability to apply deep learning techniques and algorithms to solve real business problems. They are working in a fast-changing environment with room for creative ideas (and sometimes limited upper management guidance). To share knowledge, educate and help others – developers and non-technical persons alike – is an important part of the role.
- Design, implement and optimize machine learning systems such as model training, evaluation and deployment to Image sensors to create camera solutions
- Investigate best ways to deploy edge machine learning/deep neural learning to specific Sony products
- Identify and develop edge AI use cases to showcase Sony technology
- Support developers and communities creating solutions with Sony technologies
- Lead and assist internal development teams to create and package their API and/or hardware development kits in a developer-friendly way for smooth onboarding
- Document best practices, create sample code projects, write tutorials and developer guides to promote and educate the developer-users
- Influence internal product roadmap and strategy with your working knowledge and experience with external developers to create more successful developer products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities needed to be Successful in this Role
- Knowledge of Embedded Machine Learning; understanding ML tools and processes to work with AI models on constrained embedded devices e.g
how to use transfer learning,
how to optimize AI models
how to integrate models on dedicated devices and with selected applications
- Understand Neural Network models limitations on edge devices
- Experience working in projects combining image sensors and AI designing computer vision or machine learning frameworks (e.g TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV)
- Working experience with embedded systems and Platforms (e.g. Arduino, R-Pi, ARM, ESP32, Nvidia Jetson)
- Working experience with programming languages, especially embedded C, C++, Python
- Knowledge of IoT protocols (HTTP, MQTT, etc)
- Knowledge of using Version control tools (e.g GitHub, GitLab)
- Ability to pick up new programming languages and create working prototypes quickly to do technical feasibility studies
- Self-driving contributor who can work independently as well as in a team
- Adaptable to a fast and frequently changing work environment
- Ability to provide instructions and manage small projects consisting of 2-3 persons
- Good English communication skills (writing, verbal, presentation)
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge or working experience with DSP programming and sensors communication/protocols
- Experience of working in an international environment with daily communication across time-zones and cultures
This is a full-time consultancy position in Lund.
For more information, please contact Stefan Wittmoss.