Wireless Embedded Software Engineer
IT & Engineering · Luxembourg
We are looking for a Wireless Embedded Software Engineer/Consultant
You will be the principal embedded software engineer for the project. You will be responsible for the embedded software design on the radio of the payload and user terminals of the OQ Technology telecommunication network. You will also work closely with and partially manage external partner activities.
We are working on building cutting-edge end-to-end prototypes & trial systems for satellite and ground networks. These will be used to prove new technology ideas and features and provide a platform for early demonstrations with top-tier infrastructure vendors and operators worldwide.
We are looking for a self-starter and motivated individual who wants to take their technical experience to the next level. Someone who likes to combine practical hands-on work with new algorithmic approaches and fast development. You will be contributing to the latest ideas and developments in wireless technology and working with world-leading experts to shape the future of wireless communication.
You will be implementing PHY/L1 & L2 features on compact programmable hardware.
Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skill sets, including but not limited to software development, firmware development, data analysis, and RF design.
- Explore modern wireless and Telecommunication standards.
- Explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem-solving.
- Identify requirements, participate in design & specification generation activities.
- Implement digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for communication applications.
- Generate creative, technically sound solutions and rapidly prototype them to support proof-of-concept experiments.
- Implement algorithms in FPGAs and processors from MATLAB or C/C++, or equivalent languages.
- Collaborate with and partially manage external partners on the software design and development activities.
- Participate in project management and planning activities.
- Contribute to ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
- M.Sc. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- 3+ years of experience with embedded software development for telecommunication and radio systems and complex S/W debugging, especially for PHY, L1 and L2 of the 3GPP protocol stack.
- Proven experience with Software-Defined Radios and ARM microprocessors.
- Programming experience in at least one high-level language (C, C++, Object-Oriented design, etc.)
- Experience implementing wireless protocols of 3GPP standards such as but not limited to LTE, CAT M1, NB-IoT, 5G, etc.
- Experience with MATLAB-to-C conversion tools.
- Experience in working with current telecommunication standards.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- PhD in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Active, hands-on experience with electronic components, test tools, and radio equipment.
- Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
C/C++, MATLAB, ARM technology
You need to be an EU resident or have a valid visa permit in the EU
It´s a full-time consultancy position with a start ASAP.
For more information, don't hesitate to get in touch with Karin Persson.