We are looking for a Senior Power Electronics Engineer.
Huawei’s Stockholm Digital Power Lab (Stockholm Research Center) is responsible for Digital Power Advanced Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning. Therefore, we are looking for a Senior Power Electronics Designer with strong knowledge of “Power Electronics Technology and Digital control”.
In this position, you will be responsible for the design of converters in the field of power electronics with a special focus on DC-DC, AC-DC, DC-AC converters for applications such as Rectifier, Server, EV, Charger and Modules, etc. The work includes analysis and experimental work in our lab environment.
- Fresh PhD in Power Electronics/Electrical and Electronic Engineering (or similar) field/ with 3+ years experience.
- Proven track record in high-frequency planar magnetic-based product design expertise, mainly in developing low-to-medium voltage high-power electronic converter systems.
- Deep knowledge of power-converter topologies, modulation and control algorithms, and magnetic simulation tools.
- Good theoretical understanding of basic power electronic converters’ principles and WBG semiconductor devices.
- Highly motivated and interested in innovative solutions and technologies, along with a willingness to lead technical R&D activities.
- High-level self-reliance, autonomous and target-oriented work style with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technical knowledge and take up new responsibilities.
- Professional-level working proficiency in English and prior international and multicultural work experience is highly preferred.
- Work with internal customers to identify and define system requirements and needs to establish key technical competencies for Huawei’s future products and solutions.
- Lead and execute the R&D project for novel power converter system architecture and topology focusing on Low- and medium-power products such as Rectifier, Server, EV, Charger and Power Modules.
- Lead the design and subsequent test and verification activities of power converter systems in the R&D laboratories.
- Work with external R&D institutes and Universities on collaboration projects for developing novel high power converter and associated control algorithms for relevant applications of Huawei Digital Power Product Line.
- Documentation of R&D activities and results.
- Participate in international conferences/exhibitions of the power electronics community representing Huawei for external communications.
- Occasionally travelling to Huawei China for internal communications and cooperation.
For this position, we prefer candidates who graduated from a University within the EU.
For more information, please get in touch with Karin Persson.