Huawei Technologies Sweden AB is looking for a principal researcher to be part of a multi-cultural team of experts researching and standardizing innovative concepts of future Core Networks.
As part of our research and standards team, you will be responsible for generating and evaluating innovative ideas for next-generation core networks and associated technologies and solutions. Most of the team members have a PhD degree, coupled with several years of industry experience. You will be at the absolute forefront of new technology creating new solutions for future mobile communication.
- Conducting research and standardization in the area of next-generation mobile packet core network architecture.
- Patenting innovative ideas based on conducted research in mobile core networks.
- Writing technical standards papers for and contributing to 3GPP standards organization and industry associations such as 5G-ACIA.
- Influencing the core networks product line roadmap with new innovative product features.
- Propose and build collaborative projects with European universities and research institutes.
- Participating in technical work planning, strategy planning, and business planning.
- Identifying new trends and requirements related to the 5G industry and providing recommendations to the management level.
- Setting up good relationships with key players in the industry.
- Promoting Huawei’s vision and ensuring that the core network product line keeps a leading position in the industry.
Qualifications and Requirements
- PhD degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science.
- At least five years of research experience in mobile network communications, preferably with experience from 3GPP
- SA2 standardization or 5G-ACIA industry association.
- Expertise in emerging telecom technologies such as Industrial Ethernet, Non-Public Networks, Deterministic Networking, Time Sensitive Networking, Satellite Communication, Edge Computing, or Machine Learning/AI is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant industry organizations such as 3GPP SA2, 5G-ACIA, IIC, IEC, 5GAA and Networld Europe is a plus.
- Experience from European research projects is a plus (writing proposals, leading work packages, etc., e.g. Horizon 2020 or upcoming Horizon Europe).
- Excellent technical judgment and understanding of the emerging technology trends and ideas in the industry.
- High skills in teamwork and interpersonal communication as well as building relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English are required.
This is a consultancy position at the Huawei R&D office in Stockholm, Sweden.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.