We now looking for a Photonics Engineer in the area of Microwave Photonics and/or PIC research to the Huawei Gothenburg research center.
As a technical expert you are expected to participate and lead photonics research, which is a core business area for Huawei. You will have the opportunity to utilize your skills to make a better connected world. You will also analyze requirements, define and design systems and productarchitectures, and verify the proposed solutions by cooperating with different teams including system design, product design and product management.
- Research on Microwave Photonics systems for B5G/6G networks and key enabling technologies.
- Architecture analysis of PIC and hybrid photonic/electronics devices
- Architecture analysis of PICs for next generation radios
- Use case and requirement analysis
- Find innovative and cost-efficient solutions for future wireless networks
- Evaluate the performance of new ideas/architectures by simulation
- Communication and Initiation of University Collaborations
- Prototyping, bread boarding, and test of optical systems
- PhD in Communication Engineering, Optical/Laser Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, System Design or equivalent background with several years of experience.
- Good understanding of photonics, optics, and laser systems.
- Understanding of radio standards and techniques is a plus.
- Able to program in Scientific Programming Languages (Python, etc.)
- Should be able to travel frequently between Huawei Sweden R&D office in Stockholm (Kista) and Gothenburg, short term travel in Europe and China.
- Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
This is a full-time consultancy position in Gothenburg.
For more information, please contact Karin Persson.